The Corbett Hideaway, Zero Garjia Dhikuli, Ramnagar, Nainital
Corbett National Park is the first ever abode in India to offer sanctuary to endangered animals. The green landscape of the Corbett National Park is woven in the ethereal bliss of lush green panorama. A paradise for animal lovers, the Corbett National Park is a sheer delight for photographers and visitors who wish to escape the rage of city life and stay close to the tranquility of nature.
Enveloped with the rich reservoir of flora and fauna, Corbett hotels are situated in the arms of Mother Nature.
The Corbett Hideaway is located 300 km from Delhi in Garjia village, in the Kumaon district of Uttaranchal. Ramnagar, the closest town is about 10 kms away.
The Corbett Hideaway Spread over an area of 13 acres, The Corbett Hideaway, one of the finest hotels in Corbett is concealed in the thick of a mango grove, where in season; the mangoes hang ripe and luscious right against your door. Exotic mixed shrubbery, alive with flowers, is crossed by pebbled paths lead to charming cottages with sit outs. The wonderful stillness is broken only by the sound of the Kosi River and myriad birds.
Independently air-conditioned cottages form a restful backdrop to verdant environs. Sloping tiled roofs, cool stone floors with throw rugs, block wood furniture allow maximum comfort while continuing the illusion of being in the wilds.
- The cottages, blessed with every luxury you could need here, are a great hideout for nature enthusiasts, researchers, writers, artists and folks in need of getting away
- There is space aplenty
- The sprawling swimming pool is incredibly blue
- The high ceiling Gurney House gives elegant shelter for lounging or indulgent dining
- The erratic lawns turn and rise into surprising landscapes, with a view of the river
- The library, an open deck, invites you to re-read Corbett’s Man Eaters of Kumaon.
- The cottages have a clear area separation for sleeping and living as in a suite. Rooms have attached toilet & bath with running hot & cold water.
- Travel Desk
- Swimming pool
- Health Club
- Pool Table
- Table Tennis room
- Children’s play areas
- Outdoor Bonfire and Culture Events
- Board Games
- Wi-fi enabled
- 24 Hours Room Service
- Laundry Service
- Tea and Coffee maker
- Hot & Cold Water
- Doctor On Call
- Wake-up Call
- Running Hot Water
Leisure & Recreation
- Apart from a hundred and seventy six mango trees, you can see at the Hideaway a bountiful jackfruit tree near the reception, variegated bamboo including sacaram, bushes of hibiscus, rainflower, gandharaja, ticoma, raat ki rani and haemilia, azalea aplenty, and guava trees which yield fruit three times a year!
- The grounds are meant for meandering, loitering, meditating and playing...A tennis court on the sprawling lawns gives way to the swimming pool with its languid blue waters, very therapeutic after a rigorous safari.
- The poolside bar lets you beer as you float.Even greater relaxation techniques are available close by - massage therapy by trained masseurs.
- By the time you've worked up a wild appetite, your sense of smell will lead you to the Gol Ghar, the thatched outdoor restaurant which lays out magnificent breakfasts, lunches and dinners. (The nights are generally wilder, with bonfires, entertainment and bonhomie.
- The 20 feet high Gurney House named after the house Jim Corbett lived in for many years, gives you the civilised world.
- Billiards, where potting the red might come easier than capturing a tiger with a lens.
- Lounging, on sofas, while dreaming of the big cat.
- Dining, rather lavishly, on freshly cooked exotica, continental and Indian flavours. Or sitting on the deck, and listening to the Kosi. Clinking glasses filled with amber.
- Listening raptly to the slide show of the Corbett Hideaway Chief Naturalist in the meeting hall.
- References about tigers, elephants and birds are available right down the path at the library, a free and easy place where you can sip a cuppa and browse.
The Nature Shop
Charming souvenirs and memorabilia are for the picking at The Nature Shop which also stocks herbal cosmetics and fascinating local crafts.
The resort is full of recreational facilities i.e. Swimming Pool with its languid blue water, greater relaxation techniques are available close by message therapy by trained masseurs. Billiards, where potting the red night come easier than capturing a tiger with a lens. Table Tennis, Cricket, Badminton, Archery, Beach Volleyball, Chess, Carom, Playing Cards, Ludo, Snakes & Leaders etc are the other games available at the resort
The Nature Shop and Library:- Charming souvenirs and memorabilia are for the picking at The Nature Shop Which also stocks herbal cosmetics and fascinating local craft. The Library, an open Deck adjacent to the reception, invites you to re-read Corbett's Man Eaters of Kumaon.
Restaurant & Bar
Named after the house of Jim Corbett lived in for many years serves a variety of Indian, Mughlai, Chinese and Continental cuisine. The specialties of Kumaon region are a favourite feature on the menu. With your meals you can enjoy the ear catching sound of Kosi river on the deck.
Located close to swimming pool, is a round, open machhan-like structure, with stools around the center where you can sit and drink a cup of coffee. The mountain air makes you hungry and you will find yourself spending most of your time at Gol Ghar.
The theme bar just next to the pool has good collection of Beverages.
The Corbett River View Retreat, Corbett
There is only one restaurant here just next to the swimming pool. The food quality remains the same as The Hideaway.
Conferences and seminars get transformed into extraordinary experiences at the Corbett Hideaway.
You can move from the crisp and efficient environment of the air conditioned conference hall onto grassy lawns, riverside banks, restaurant deck, swimming pool which become informal venues for forming close associations of understanding!
The conference hall can accommodate 125 people in class formation 150 in auditorium formation and 25 in an intimate U-shape boardroom formation.
The hotel equipment supports overhead projection, LCD video projection, slide projection. You can depend on high quality PA systems and music systems for the right sound at presentations.
Professional intimacy and bonding is inevitable in the happy environment of the Corbett Hideaway. Outdoor management conferences help in team building activities through organised sports like trekking, safaris, and white water rafting. All outdoor activities are arranged in totality by the Corbett Hideaway.
The natural preference for outdoor excursions is the highly recommended jungle safari in the Corbett Hideaway Canter bus, with stopover of a day or more in the park.
Special programmes are organised by the Hideaway on request:
- Theme dinners and banquets
- Kumaoni dance performances with musicians
- Group excursions to other tourist spots like Nainital and Bhimtal
- Film shows